The Holy Sepulchre is a Norman round church. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is one of the few remaining round churches in England. Only nine such churches were ever built, and today only four remain in recognisable form. The original church has a circular nave inspired by the Holy Sepulchre Church in Jerusalem, although it is likely that the particular form of this building was derived from the round churches and baptistries of Northern Italy. The “round” of eight columns dates from c. 1100, and is probably the oldest surviving building in Northampton.